barn sale

Friday, February 28, 2014

Weekly Happenings February 22-28

1.  I'm thrilled to report that almost every night, Austin slept at least 7 hours!  He slept as long as 8 hours one night!  The least he slept was 5 1/2 hrs and that was just one night.  More sleep makes for a much happier and usually more productive momma!

2.  Austin turned two months old on Wednesday.  He had his check up this morning.  14lbs 14.5oz (93%) and 25inches long (99%) {Hayden was 14lbs 3oz, and 23.75inches, so Austin is bigger than he was}!  He smiles from ear to ear whenever I talk to him and he's trying to "talk" back to me.  Lots of adorable Oooos and Aaahs. 
CeCe was watching our 2 month photo shoot :)
Before his appt today - I knew he wouldn't be smiling after his shots!

3.  Me and the kids made a canvas for St. Patrick's Day.  (I had bought a two pack when I made our Valentine's Canvas, so I thought it was only appropriate to make one for March!)  I was super happy with how Austin's hand print turned out because he always has his hands in a fist.  It was not easy painting his hand, holding him, and trying to open it and stamp it on the canvas!  I ended up with more paint on me than he had on him!  The other three liked getting their hand painted and they were excited to show daddy what they made.

4.  I hosted a small family dinner on Tuesday.  I cooked that morning and Kevin took care of the kids and did the dishes.  Everything was going smooth as silk, and I was working on my last dish.  Hayden was sitting on the couch and ever so casually said "Hey mom, I just threw up."  I turned around and thought did he just say he threw up?  So I asked him again what he said, and he told me again he threw up.  I was in disbelief because he hadn't acted sick.  He did mention his belly hurt before breakfast and 95% of the time he's either hungry or has to pee, so I didn't think about it again.  After getting everything cleaned up we waited to see how he felt.  He was his normal self all afternoon so I sanitized the house.  He kept wanting to eat, so I'd give him a little at a time, and he was able to keep everything down.  He was annoyed with me asking him so often how he was feeling.  I let everyone know what had happened earlier because that seemed like the right thing to do.  Everyone came, ate, and visited and seemed to have a good time!  

5.  I learned a lesson this week. I've got to back up my phone. I do every 6 months or so (at least that's what I thought I was doing).  Wednesday I woke up at 5am to feed Austin and I decided to do the new update on my phone.  My screen turned black and it never came back on.  We spent the entire morning on the phone with Apple Support and then at the AT&T store.  They had to restore factory settings, which meant I'd lose all my pictures, notes, & songs.  I'm most sad about all the pics I lost (most were pics from Austin's first two months,; several from the hospital and first few days home).  I'm a picture nut so every couple days I'd go back and look at my "gallery".  Lesson learned.  Now go back up your phone so you aren't ever in the same position! (This explains my lack of pics this week!)

Here are some pics from my camera that I never took time to add - it will make up for the lack of pics this week! (The first is actually from my phone!)

 These are from my dad's work retirement party (2/21/14):


Her face when I told her to say "cheese"!
 These are from the Father Daughter Dance (2/7/14):
Kevin wanted to give her something special before the dance, so he bought her pearl earrings.
 




1 comment:

  1. Oh drat!! That's so sad about your phone!! I upload my pics about every two weeks but I've been thinking I should save them in another place in case my computer died. I'm trying to get them all on snapfish so at least they'd be in two spots :) Glad everyone is doing well. Tell Allie that after Krissy wears her polka-dotty dress that Olive would like to be next in line for it :)

    ReplyDelete